Most anticipated 3DS releases?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Most anticipated 3DS releases?

Post by Shaan Joshi on Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:50 pm

This year has been pretty great for the 3DS so far, we got Fire Emblem Awakening, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, and Project X Zone just came out in North America today.

What are you guys most looking forward to? I am super stoked for Ace Attorney 5 (those who know me are probably aware of my undying passion for the series). Also might pick up SMT IV (or try out a friend's first). Also, I'm a big fan of AlphaDream's work, so I'll probably check out Mario and Luigi Dream Team.

What about you guys?
avatar
Shaan Joshi

Posts : 63
Join date : 2013-06-25
Age : 26
Location : Gainesville, Florida

View user profile http://www.digitallydownloaded.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Most anticipated 3DS releases?

Post by MattS on Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:57 pm

Shaan Joshi wrote:This year has been pretty great for the 3DS so far, we got Fire Emblem Awakening, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, and Project X Zone just came out in North America today.

What are you guys most looking forward to? I am super stoked for Ace Attorney 5 (those who know me are probably aware of my undying passion for the series). Also might pick up SMT IV (or try out a friend's first). Also, I'm a big fan of AlphaDream's work, so I'll probably check out Mario and Luigi Dream Team.

What about you guys?

Ever since the demo of Project X Zone, that game has been right up on the 'must play' list. But looking beyond that the big game for me will be Shin Megami Tensei IV. 

I just hope that NISA is localising it for Europe and Australia. When NISA does it, we get the game within a reasonable time frame to the US release. When Ghostlight, the traditional publisher for Atlus JRPGs does it, then we need to wait about a year or longer for it after it releases in the US.
avatar
MattS
Admin

Posts : 362
Join date : 2013-06-25
Location : Australia

View user profile http://www.digitallydownloaded.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Most anticipated 3DS releases?

Post by Shaan Joshi on Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:59 pm

MattS wrote:
Shaan Joshi wrote:This year has been pretty great for the 3DS so far, we got Fire Emblem Awakening, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, and Project X Zone just came out in North America today.

What are you guys most looking forward to? I am super stoked for Ace Attorney 5 (those who know me are probably aware of my undying passion for the series). Also might pick up SMT IV (or try out a friend's first). Also, I'm a big fan of AlphaDream's work, so I'll probably check out Mario and Luigi Dream Team.

What about you guys?

Ever since the demo of Project X Zone, that game has been right up on the 'must play' list. But looking beyond that the big game for me will be Shin Megami Tensei IV. 

I just hope that NISA is localising it for Europe and Australia. When NISA does it, we get the game within a reasonable time frame to the US release. When Ghostlight, the traditional publisher for Atlus JRPGs does it, then we need to wait about a year or longer for it after it releases in the US.

Also note, if Ghostlight releases it, it's bound to come a year or more later, but with 1 or 2 game breaking glitches. Very Happy
avatar
Shaan Joshi

Posts : 63
Join date : 2013-06-25
Age : 26
Location : Gainesville, Florida

View user profile http://www.digitallydownloaded.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Most anticipated 3DS releases?

Post by Midori on Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:18 pm

Yoshi's New Island is leading the pack for me, even if it looks a bit gimmicky in spots. Loved the original and even the DS sequel to a lesser extent. Like you, I also can't wait for the next Ace Attorney game (even though I never ended up finishing Apollo Justice).
avatar
Midori

Posts : 83
Join date : 2013-06-25

View user profile http://www.digitallydownloaded.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Most anticipated 3DS releases?

Post by Chalgyr on Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:48 pm

Shin Megami IV is a big one, and Fire Emblem was definitely my top game of this year for the 3DS. That said? I just got my hands on Project X Zone and so far it is all kinds of awesome. Smile
avatar
Chalgyr

Posts : 250
Join date : 2013-06-25
Location : Michigan

View user profile http://chalgyrsgameroom.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Most anticipated 3DS releases?

Post by pixelman on Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:58 am

Dream Team's all I'm really looking forward to this year (ACNL will definitely be more than enough until then). Next year should be good for JRPGs. I think Bravely Default is set to come out then, and I'm really hoping DQ7 is localized too.

I'd be more excited for A Link Between Worlds if it wasn't so ugly.
avatar
pixelman

Posts : 4
Join date : 2013-06-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Most anticipated 3DS releases?

Post by MattS on Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:10 am

pixelman wrote:Dream Team's all I'm really looking forward to this year (ACNL will definitely be more than enough until then). Next year should be good for JRPGs. I think Bravely Default is set to come out then, and I'm really hoping DQ7 is localized too.

I'd be more excited for A Link Between Worlds if it wasn't so ugly.

I'm finding it difficult to get too excited for A Link Between Worlds as well. I know it's a sequel and all that to a very, very fine game, but getting excited about a sequel implies that the original game's story was compelling enough to make the prospect of a sequel exciting. 

A sequel to something like Final Fantasy VII would be exciting, but for a Zelda game? Well, we know it's going to involve a princess in trouble in some way, so it may as well just be a new game.
avatar
MattS
Admin

Posts : 362
Join date : 2013-06-25
Location : Australia

View user profile http://www.digitallydownloaded.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Most anticipated 3DS releases?

Post by Stealth on Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:24 am

smt iv
RUNE factory IV
pokemon
mario & luigi
avatar
Stealth

Posts : 29
Join date : 2013-06-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Most anticipated 3DS releases?

Post by MattS on Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:26 am

Stealth wrote:smt iv
RUNE factory IV
pokemon
mario & luigi

Hi Stealth, good to see you on board! Smile

I forgot about Rune Factory (probably because it won't be released over here until next year, if not later). I love that series, so I'll be picking that up as soon as it does release, whenever that is.
avatar
MattS
Admin

Posts : 362
Join date : 2013-06-25
Location : Australia

View user profile http://www.digitallydownloaded.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Most anticipated 3DS releases?

Post by theoriginalstevo on Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:29 am

Pokemon Y (prefer it over X, plus that's the one I'm preordering), Super Smash Bros. and (eventually) Project X Zone.

theoriginalstevo

Posts : 1
Join date : 2013-06-26
Age : 26
Location : Melbourne, Australia

View user profile http://www.barrelrollgaming.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Most anticipated 3DS releases?

Post by MattS on Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:31 am

theoriginalstevo wrote:Pokemon Y (prefer it over X, plus that's the one I'm preordering), Super Smash Bros. and (eventually) Project X Zone.

Welcome fellow Aussie! Can't have enough of us on this forum, or any other on the Internet Wink

I'll have to get Pokemon X then, so we can trade and stuffs.
avatar
MattS
Admin

Posts : 362
Join date : 2013-06-25
Location : Australia

View user profile http://www.digitallydownloaded.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Most anticipated 3DS releases?

Post by Stealth on Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:26 am

pokemon will sell millions
avatar
Stealth

Posts : 29
Join date : 2013-06-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Most anticipated 3DS releases?

Post by CanisWolfred on Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:58 am

Oh, releases? As in plural? Okay:

Bravely Default: Flying Fairy
Shin Megami Tensei IV
Rune Factory 4
Etrian Odyssey: The Millenium Girl
Ace Attourney 5

In order of anticipation.Smile
avatar
CanisWolfred

Posts : 161
Join date : 2013-06-26
Age : 26
Location : New York State

View user profile http://caniswolfredsden.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Most anticipated 3DS releases?

Post by Stealth on Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:59 am

CanisWolfred wrote:Oh, releases? As in plural? Okay:

Bravely Default: Flying Fairy
Shin Megami Tensei IV
Rune Factory 4
Etrian Odyssey: The Millenium Girl
Ace Attourney 5

In order of anticipation.Smile
This list is making me hot. In a hot way
avatar
Stealth

Posts : 29
Join date : 2013-06-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Most anticipated 3DS releases?

Post by MattS on Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:14 am

CanisWolfred wrote:Oh, releases? As in plural? Okay:

Bravely Default: Flying Fairy
Shin Megami Tensei IV
Rune Factory 4
Etrian Odyssey: The Millenium Girl
Ace Attourney 5

In order of anticipation.Smile

For some reason I thought that Etrian Odyssey has already been released in the US? Or is it that you just haven't had the opportunity to pick it up yourself yet?

Either way, I don't know when (or if) that game is going to release in Australia. I have a vague idea that NISA is localising it, and I do hope so, because I really enjoy that series. Got absolutely hooked on the first, and kept interest enough to complete the other two. 

All that said, I can't help but dream of a sequel to The Dark Spire. The Wizardry nerd in me found that game impossible to put down. Laughing
avatar
MattS
Admin

Posts : 362
Join date : 2013-06-25
Location : Australia

View user profile http://www.digitallydownloaded.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Most anticipated 3DS releases?

Post by CanisWolfred on Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:08 am

Millenium Girl is the remake of the first one, releasing over here in the fall. We did already got Etrian Odyssey IV, I'm a good ways into it, too. It's easily the best game released so far on the 3DS, IMO, and I can't wait to see what else they have in store for the series!
avatar
CanisWolfred

Posts : 161
Join date : 2013-06-26
Age : 26
Location : New York State

View user profile http://caniswolfredsden.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Most anticipated 3DS releases?

Post by MattS on Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:15 am

CanisWolfred wrote:Millenium Girl is the remake of the first one, releasing over here in the fall. We did already got Etrian Odyssey IV, I'm a good ways into it, too. It's easily the best game released so far on the 3DS, IMO, and I can't wait to see what else they have in store for the series!

Somehow I had missed the news that they were remaking the best Etrian Odyssey game. Holy crap that just shot up my list of must-haves.
avatar
MattS
Admin

Posts : 362
Join date : 2013-06-25
Location : Australia

View user profile http://www.digitallydownloaded.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Most anticipated 3DS releases?

Post by Chalgyr on Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:39 pm

Looks like Project X Zone will be chewing up a lot of my time the next couple of weeks. I am REALLY enjoying it so far. Forgot about Etrian and Bravely Default. Both of those would be of interest to me as well.
avatar
Chalgyr

Posts : 250
Join date : 2013-06-25
Location : Michigan

View user profile http://chalgyrsgameroom.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Most anticipated 3DS releases?

Post by Midori on Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:55 am

Bravely Default slipped my mind as well. Fantasy Life too, now that it has actually been confirmed for release outside of Japan.
avatar
Midori

Posts : 83
Join date : 2013-06-25

View user profile http://www.digitallydownloaded.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Most anticipated 3DS releases?

Post by Billy Bob on Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:16 am

Honestly, the only 3ds game I'm really pumped for is Pokémon X. I dunno why, but the 3ds overall has been a disappointment to me..
avatar
Billy Bob

Posts : 16
Join date : 2013-06-28
Location : Minnesota

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Most anticipated 3DS releases?

Post by MattS on Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:24 pm

Billy Bob wrote:Honestly, the only 3ds game I'm really pumped for is Pokémon X. I dunno why, but the 3ds overall has been a disappointment to me..

Haha, Pokemon will be enough to make your 3DS purchase worthwhile though. Hundreds of hours of play in those games.

I'm looking forward to it as well. Perhaps not so much as some other games, because I know I have already played basically what Pokemon X will offer, but in the sense that it's reliable fun, I am right there.
avatar
MattS
Admin

Posts : 362
Join date : 2013-06-25
Location : Australia

View user profile http://www.digitallydownloaded.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Most anticipated 3DS releases?

Post by CanisWolfred on Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:44 am

MattS wrote:
CanisWolfred wrote:Millenium Girl is the remake of the first one, releasing over here in the fall. We did already got Etrian Odyssey IV, I'm a good ways into it, too. It's easily the best game released so far on the 3DS, IMO, and I can't wait to see what else they have in store for the series!

Somehow I had missed the news that they were remaking the best Etrian Odyssey game. Holy crap that just shot up my list of must-haves.

I'm curious as to how you find Etrian Odyssey 1 the best Etrian Odyssey? Even little things like less map options, no strafing, etc. hold it back for me, let alone things like the class unbalances, horrible difficulty curve, etc. Then there's the general improvements in later games, like sailing, skill trees, overworld, bonus dungeons, more creative classes and skills, etc. that really make the later games stand out. This really is a series that has only improved from what I've played, so I'm curious as why it's still your favorite?
avatar
CanisWolfred

Posts : 161
Join date : 2013-06-26
Age : 26
Location : New York State

View user profile http://caniswolfredsden.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Most anticipated 3DS releases?

Post by MattS on Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:53 am

CanisWolfred wrote:
MattS wrote:
CanisWolfred wrote:Millenium Girl is the remake of the first one, releasing over here in the fall. We did already got Etrian Odyssey IV, I'm a good ways into it, too. It's easily the best game released so far on the 3DS, IMO, and I can't wait to see what else they have in store for the series!

Somehow I had missed the news that they were remaking the best Etrian Odyssey game. Holy crap that just shot up my list of must-haves.

I'm curious as to how you find Etrian Odyssey 1 the best Etrian Odyssey? Even little things like less map options, no strafing, etc. hold it back for me, let alone things like the class unbalances, horrible difficulty curve, etc. Then there's the general improvements in later games, like sailing, skill trees, overworld, bonus dungeons, more creative classes and skills, etc. that really make the later games stand out. This really is a series that has only improved from what I've played, so I'm curious as why it's still your favorite?

To put it very basically - the original was more like Wizardry. The later games become more like traditional JRPGs.

What I loved about the original EO was largely superceded by what The Dark Spire offered, if that helps give perspective - the EO series after the first remain fun JRPGs, but not really up there with my very favourite examples of the genre.
avatar
MattS
Admin

Posts : 362
Join date : 2013-06-25
Location : Australia

View user profile http://www.digitallydownloaded.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Most anticipated 3DS releases?

Post by CanisWolfred on Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:02 am

Personally, I see it as the best of both worlds. You get everything good about Wizardry, without the million and a half things that sucked about it. Razz But I do see where you're coming from at least.
avatar
CanisWolfred

Posts : 161
Join date : 2013-06-26
Age : 26
Location : New York State

View user profile http://caniswolfredsden.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Most anticipated 3DS releases?

Post by Chalgyr on Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:36 pm

So, with Shin Megami Tensei IV out today - who's picking that up? Smile
avatar
Chalgyr

Posts : 250
Join date : 2013-06-25
Location : Michigan

View user profile http://chalgyrsgameroom.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Most anticipated 3DS releases?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum