What have you been playing lately?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What have you been playing lately?

Post by Chalgyr on Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:16 pm

Seems like I've been all over the map myself. No singular focused game or huge release, so I've been working through a handful of smaller review titles like:

The Enjoy Gaming 3DS titles
AiRace Speed
The new expansion to Magic 2014

But some shooters that don't take a ton of time to work through:

Just finished Battlefield 3
Just started Modern Warfare 3

Poking at my daily iOS games:

Puzzle & Dragons
Tekken Card Tournament
Star Wars: The Force Collection

I also found some time to play some Heroes of Might & Magic 6 on PC the other day
And I still do my daily check-in to Might & Magic: Duel of Champions

I spent most of last weekend playing through Persona 4 Arena

And I'm o my first Super Bowl in my online league in Madden 25 - hoping to get that game in against my opponent Saturday.

GTA V has taken over the department I manage at work, with 9 of the 12 guys in it buying and playing the snot out of it. Just not appealing to me at all though.

What about you guys?
avatar
Chalgyr

Posts : 250
Join date : 2013-06-25
Location : Michigan

View user profile http://chalgyrsgameroom.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: What have you been playing lately?

Post by Astor M on Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:36 pm

I haven't posted here in a while, I hope the community here starts growing. We need some more people in here.

Anyway, I've been trying to catch up in some games. There's nothing much coming out soon that I'm interested in. I have the same problem with GTA V, all my friends and coworkers are playing it and I don't care about GTA.

I'm trying to finish Tales of Xillia and it doesn't seem to have an end. Is a lot of fun though. I really like the story.

I recently finished Atelier Totori and Soul Sacrifice. I really want to keep playing Soul Sacrifice but I don't have anyone to play with and I don't like random people online. I make a room that says beginners only and all lvl 99 people enter.

I've been playing some Disgaea 3 on the PS Vita too.

I want to get Sweet Fuse for the PS Vita and later Vallhala Knights 3 and Ys and for the PS3 I'll probably get Ni No Kuni at some point and maybe The Guided Fate Paradox or Armored Core.

And I need to get this out of my head, I am so exited for Drakengard 3 that you have no idea. It reminds me so much of Nier that I'm thinking of replaying it soon and get the DLC for it.

In other topic, what are you exited for that's coming for the PS4? I don't care about any of the games that are coming at launch. It kind of sucks that the PS4 is releasing next year in Japan because that means that every Japanese next gen game is coming out after that. Everybody seems so exited for COD or Watch Dogs and I just don't care. I may even cancel my pre-order and get a 3DS. I was using my brother's 3DS when I was back home and it is a lot of fun.
avatar
Astor M

Posts : 79
Join date : 2013-08-08
Location : Orlando, FL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What have you been playing lately?

Post by MattS on Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:38 pm

Astor M wrote:I haven't posted here in a while, I hope the community here starts growing. We need some more people in here.

Anyway, I've been trying to catch up in some games. There's nothing much coming out soon that I'm interested in. I have the same problem with GTA V, all my friends and coworkers are playing it and I don't care about GTA.

I'm trying to finish Tales of Xillia and it doesn't seem to have an end. Is a lot of fun though. I really like the story.

I recently finished Atelier Totori and Soul Sacrifice. I really want to keep playing Soul Sacrifice but I don't have anyone to play with and I don't like random people online. I make a room that says beginners only and all lvl 99 people enter.

I've been playing some Disgaea 3 on the PS Vita too.

I want to get Sweet Fuse for the PS Vita and later Vallhala Knights 3 and Ys and for the PS3 I'll probably get Ni No Kuni at some point and maybe The Guided Fate Paradox or Armored Core.

And I need to get this out of my head, I am so exited for Drakengard 3 that you have no idea. It reminds me so much of Nier that I'm thinking of replaying it soon and get the DLC for it.

In other topic, what are you exited for that's coming for the PS4? I don't care about any of the games that are coming at launch. It kind of sucks that the PS4 is releasing next year in Japan because that means that every Japanese next gen game is coming out after that. Everybody seems so exited for COD or Watch Dogs and I just don't care. I may even cancel my pre-order and get a 3DS. I was using my brother's 3DS when I was back home and it is a lot of fun.
If you know anyone at all who is into games, please invite them to come sign up and join the discussion - everyone is welcome Smile

Drakengard should look like Nier - it's essentially in the same franchise, made by the same people. I can't wait for it either Very Happy

As for what I'm playing at the moment - Armored Core: Verdict Day is really addictive, and I'm still playing Final Fantasy XIV. For reviews I'm currently working on Beyond, Worms on the Vita and Disgaea.

I was at the EB Expo yesterday and playing through some of the games on offer coming up... Boy are we in for some fun. FFXIII-3 is good, Dark Souls 2 is good. Adventure Time Dungeon is weirdly addictive. Yaiba and Castlevania are both awesome.The Vita has Tearaway coming, Gran Turismo 6 is really great, Assassin's Creed IV is neat, and over on the Nintendo consoles Donkey Kong Jungle Freeze is fun, Wii U Party is charming and there's Pokemon to think of too... what a couple of months ahead we've got.
avatar
MattS
Admin

Posts : 362
Join date : 2013-06-25
Location : Australia

View user profile http://www.digitallydownloaded.net

Back to top Go down

Re: What have you been playing lately?

Post by CanisWolfred on Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:55 am

Glad you're liking Armored Core, Matt. I've been meaning to go back to my copy of ACV.

Anyways, I'm playing Pokemon Platinum. Just got my butt handed to me by the 3rd Gym Leader. Shadow Ball in the right hands is an immensely powerful attack, and I have no defenses against it because there are hardly any Dark Type Pokemon at this point in the game and none of the Normal Types know any good moves at this point, either...
avatar
CanisWolfred

Posts : 161
Join date : 2013-06-26
Age : 26
Location : New York State

View user profile http://caniswolfredsden.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: What have you been playing lately?

Post by MattS on Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:35 pm

CanisWolfred wrote:Glad you're liking Armored Core, Matt. I've been meaning to go back to my copy of ACV.

Anyways, I'm playing Pokemon Platinum. Just got my butt handed to me by the 3rd Gym Leader. Shadow Ball in the right hands is an immensely powerful attack, and I have no defenses against it because there are hardly any Dark Type Pokemon at this point in the game and none of the Normal Types know any good moves at this point, either...
Oh dear. Speaking of Pokemon... There's another one just around the corner. There goes my life for a couple of months.
avatar
MattS
Admin

Posts : 362
Join date : 2013-06-25
Location : Australia

View user profile http://www.digitallydownloaded.net

Back to top Go down

Re: What have you been playing lately?

Post by Shaan Joshi on Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:40 pm

Been playing a few games as of late. Just bought Rain, for the PSN, which is an interesting game, though I'll have to finish it to draw a more concrete conclusion. Also been playing GTA V, which I am really enjoy. I honestly find myself just driving peacefully around the city for hours, taking in the sites and sounds. The map is also massive, I have barely scratched the surface of all there is to do.

My copy of Beyond: Two Souls also comes in today. It's been getting mixed/positive reviews, but I'm pretty stoked to play it. I'm a big fan of Quantic Dream and David Cage.
avatar
Shaan Joshi

Posts : 63
Join date : 2013-06-25
Age : 26
Location : Gainesville, Florida

View user profile http://www.digitallydownloaded.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: What have you been playing lately?

Post by CanisWolfred on Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:22 am

Personally, I'm finally glad that there are more people willing to speak out against a Quantum Dream game even the smallest bit. Their games are among the few that I genuinely wish were stripped of all of their interactive elements and simply made movies. And even then they wouldn't exactly be great movies...

Anyways, beat the 3rd Gym in Platinum by the skin of my teeth. Just went out and caught every Scyther I ran into. God I love that Pokemon.
avatar
CanisWolfred

Posts : 161
Join date : 2013-06-26
Age : 26
Location : New York State

View user profile http://caniswolfredsden.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: What have you been playing lately?

Post by MattS on Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:11 am

Speaking of Beyond: http://www.digitallydownloaded.net/2013/10/review-beyond-two-souls-ps3.html

Razz

I dealt with why I think they should NOT be made into movies in my review:

"So why make Beyond: Two Souls a game at all? Why not make it an animated movie? While it's undeniably cinematic, Cage has worked with the tools at his disposal to produce an experience that is intense beyond what a conventional film can achieve. As players progress through the game they're asked to complete button inputs to progress the scene further. These are often mundane; one scene overlays button presses as Jodie plays with her dolls, for instance. Another example is twisting left and right on the bed while trying unsuccessfully to sleep - these are such mundane behaviours that most other games would not bother asking players to participate in that action. So why does Cage? Because these mundane activities create an intense connection between the player and Jodie. Where a film is a passive experience where any emotional weight occurs despite the medium, games are an interactive, active experience that allows players to form an intense bond with the on-screen actors. They do, after all, become extensions of a player's will."
avatar
MattS
Admin

Posts : 362
Join date : 2013-06-25
Location : Australia

View user profile http://www.digitallydownloaded.net

Back to top Go down

Re: What have you been playing lately?

Post by Chalgyr on Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:08 pm

So many new games... my big one over the weekend was Catherine. Started it Friday night, beat it Saturday night. Not a long game obviously. Bit maddening on some of those flippin' puzzles though.

Started up Agarest War 2. I really liked the first two Agarest games, which were very similar. The combat in this one just isn't clicking with me the same way. I'll probably beat it, but I'm disappointed as I was really excited by it because I enjoyed the first two games a great deal.

Struggling with Madden. My buddy and I are on the Super Bowl, but he has a pretty lousy internet connection. He's far enough out into the boonies that he doesn't have cable or dsl available, so he uses a really weak satellite signal. We just can't get through the game. We've shortened the minutes and everything. The experience is already pretty rough, but then EA winds up kicking him 'for grieving' due to his connection, and we can't seem to get through the 3rd quarter. Frustrating.
avatar
Chalgyr

Posts : 250
Join date : 2013-06-25
Location : Michigan

View user profile http://chalgyrsgameroom.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: What have you been playing lately?

Post by CanisWolfred on Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:31 am

MattS wrote:Speaking of Beyond: http://www.digitallydownloaded.net/2013/10/review-beyond-two-souls-ps3.html

Razz

I dealt with why I think they should NOT be made into movies in my review:

"So why make Beyond: Two Souls a game at all? Why not make it an animated movie? While it's undeniably cinematic, Cage has worked with the tools at his disposal to produce an experience that is intense beyond what a conventional film can achieve. As players progress through the game they're asked to complete button inputs to progress the scene further. These are often mundane; one scene overlays button presses as Jodie plays with her dolls, for instance. Another example is twisting left and right on the bed while trying unsuccessfully to sleep - these are such mundane behaviours that most other games would not bother asking players to participate in that action. So why does Cage? Because these mundane activities create an intense connection between the player and Jodie. Where a film is a passive experience where any emotional weight occurs despite the medium, games are an interactive, active experience that allows players to form an intense bond with the on-screen actors. They do, after all, become extensions of a player's will."
I know I'd probably have to see for myself, but that sounds more like what they did in Heavy Rain, and that destroyed the experience for me almost as badly as the plotholes. I honestly feel they hold the game back more than anything else, and I just don't enjoy it.
avatar
CanisWolfred

Posts : 161
Join date : 2013-06-26
Age : 26
Location : New York State

View user profile http://caniswolfredsden.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: What have you been playing lately?

Post by KiDasharus on Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:16 pm

I beat Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies in about a week, mostly due to nonstop playing it 4-5 hours a day. It was so addicting. I really enjoyed it, much better than I expected, and it had a pretty good story overall.
avatar
KiDasharus

Posts : 38
Join date : 2013-08-08
Age : 18
Location : Skyworld

View user profile http://nintyonline.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: What have you been playing lately?

Post by Chalgyr on Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:54 pm

KiDasharus wrote:I beat Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies in about a week, mostly due to nonstop playing it 4-5 hours a day. It was so addicting. I really enjoyed it, much better than I expected, and it had a pretty good story overall.
Nice! sounds like you sunk just a *bit* of time into Icarus: Uprising of late too, based on that other thread.
avatar
Chalgyr

Posts : 250
Join date : 2013-06-25
Location : Michigan

View user profile http://chalgyrsgameroom.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: What have you been playing lately?

Post by jim269 on Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:43 am

i been playing Rage on PS3 and Forza on xbox one

jim269

Posts : 23
Join date : 2013-08-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What have you been playing lately?

Post by Chalgyr on Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:33 pm

Forza's fun. I haven't had as much time with it as I want of late. Rage was interesting. I liked it, but it was over with very quickly and at least on Xbox 360, there was like no online community back when I was trying to play it, so it wound up a bit short-lived for me.
avatar
Chalgyr

Posts : 250
Join date : 2013-06-25
Location : Michigan

View user profile http://chalgyrsgameroom.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: What have you been playing lately?

Post by MattS on Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:08 pm

Well, I know what I'll be playing for fun for the next couple of months:

Might & Magic X. Oh boy this game is everything I want in a game.
avatar
MattS
Admin

Posts : 362
Join date : 2013-06-25
Location : Australia

View user profile http://www.digitallydownloaded.net

Back to top Go down

Re: What have you been playing lately?

Post by Chalgyr on Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:59 pm

Nice Matt - I was hoping to get my mitts on that one sooner than later. I have a nice long history with the series so I plan on getting it soon, hopefully. Me - I've recently gone through all of The Walking Dead season 1 and replayed episode 1 of season 2. I also went through Adam's Venture Chronicles, Blackguards (one I know you weren't too fond of but I'm actually enjoying), and lots of Madden. Too much Madden. I need to tell my buddy to lay off of it. We play through the franchise together and it's the *only* game he plays, so he has 2 played up almost every night, leaving me with 2 games to play almost every night... it's a vicious cycle and we're into season 8 or 9 now...
avatar
Chalgyr

Posts : 250
Join date : 2013-06-25
Location : Michigan

View user profile http://chalgyrsgameroom.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: What have you been playing lately?

Post by FOREST_RANGER on Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:14 am

Hello folks! I just wanted to tell what I've been playing lately. For one thing, I play Halo 4 here and then. Capture the Flag is my favorite game-mode along with a "Meta-Raid" version of it on the Action Sack playlist.

However, the last game I played is a visual-novel-ish game called Analogue: A Hate Story. This is the first game I've played of its type. The much of the story is usually dark and crazy. And it's also somehow thought-provoking. Has anyone else played it? Nevertheless, I liked it.

Oh, and WARNING: it's text heavy. Don't know how text heavy it is compared to RPG's and JRPG's, but text-heavy nonetheless.

Other than that, time for games is luxury for me.
avatar
FOREST_RANGER

Posts : 4
Join date : 2013-08-10
Location : School

View user profile http://tsehhosteen13.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: What have you been playing lately?

Post by Chalgyr on Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:57 pm

Howdy, Forest_Ranger!

I still haven't played Halo 4. I have it - and my son has played it quite a bit, but I haven't yet. Sad

I have not played that, but thanks for the link. I'll be honest, I hadn't even heard of it, but it looks intriguing. Text-heavy doesn't worry me too much - I run a MUD, which is all text, so this is not a concern at all, lol.

Thanks for the update!

What have I been up to lately... Bravely Default, FF X HD, FF XIV, Madden, Deception IV, Dynasty Warriors 8... oh, and I just got FF Lightning Returns cheap the other day. Seems to be a bit heavy on the RPG of late.
avatar
Chalgyr

Posts : 250
Join date : 2013-06-25
Location : Michigan

View user profile http://chalgyrsgameroom.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: What have you been playing lately?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum